Instructions tested with Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit and Continuum’s Anaconda3 2021.05
Install Anaconda and Jupyter Notebook
1. Open the Terminal program by going to “Show Applications” and selecting the Terminal.
2. Type the commands in red to go to the Downloads directory and download Anaconda3 2021.05. Anaconda may take a few minutes to download.
username@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ wget https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/Anaconda3-2021.05-Linux-x86_64.sh
3. Type the command in red to install Anaconda.
4. Press Enter to read the license agreement. Use Space to continue to the next page.
In order to continue the installation process, please review the license agreement.
Please, press ENTER to continue
5. Type yes to accept the license terms.
[no] >>> yes
6. Press Enter to install Anaconda to the default location.
- Press ENTER to confirm the location
- Press CTRL-C to abort the installation
- Or specify an different location below
7. Type yes to have Anaconda update your PATH.
Do you wish the installer to initialize Anaconda3
by running conda init? [yes|no]
[no] >>> yes
==> For changes to take effect, close and re-open your current shell. <==
If you'd prefer that conda's base environment not be activated on startup, set the auto_activate_base parameter to false:
conda config --set auto_activate_base false
Thank you for installing Anaconda!
8. Open a new Terminal window by going to “Show Applications” and selecting the Terminal.
9. Type the command in red to verified Anaconda was installed.
10. Type the command in red to update Anaconda.
Start Jupyter Notebook
1. Type the command in red to start Jupyter Notebook.