edX web site
You will do your out of class work on edX-edge
- All students in DSE230, CSE255 and the waiting list of CSE255 should have student accounts on the site.
- You are expected to watch the videos and answer the questions on the web site before the corresponding class. Class time will be devoted to questions and discussion of the edX material.
- Homework consists of problem sets on the edX site, and of programming using pySpark and Jupyter Notebooks. More information on programming homeworks
The final grade will consist of:
- 60% average of best 7 out of 9 Programming assignments.
- 10% average of quizzes on edX.
- 30% take-home Final exam.
- All communication with the Prof. and TAs should take place through Piazza. Piazza is also an excellent place to seek and give advice with your fellow students.
- Sign up for the CSE255 Piazza page here: http://piazza.com/ucsd/spring2018/cse255
- Reach the piazza page here: piazza.com/ucsd/spring2018/cse255/home